2016 Anderson Family Christmas Greeting
Tidbits from our year:
- My (Lisa’s) dear mother went home to be with the Lord on May 17, no longer in pain and suffering. As challenging and stretching as it was at times, we’re so thankful we got to care for her the last three years of her life. Ninety-three-year-old Ukki (Finnish for grandpa) continues to live with us in our in-law apartment. We’re so glad he’s not alone.
- The Anderson clan was blessed with two new little gifts from heaven: Goldie Bijoux (daughter of David & Bethany Engelhardt) and Evelyn Ruth (daughter of Jesse & Allison Sonneland). We now have nine wonderful grandchildren. We love having the Sonneland five in town, but miss seeing our East coast grandkids except on occasional visits.
- Half of our kids live east: David & Bethany Engelhardt (with Leon, Soli, & Goldie) live in New Jersey, where David works in NYC and Bethany homeschools the boys. Luke & Lauren Anderson are in Charlotte, North Carolina, where Luke continues to professionally drum and Lauren travels doing technical medical training. Lee & Julie Watson (with Margot) live in Charleston, South Carolina. Lee travels to China for two weeks twice a year for business, which is a good excuse for her to bring Margot home for a visit or for one of us to go there! Rachel is finishing her third year of living in Minneapolis. She just got certified as a nutritional therapy consultant and is ready to start her own practice. Thank goodness for Jim’s huge supply of frequent flyer miles saved up from all his ministry trips—it helps a ton in going to visit our kids or flying them home for vacations or holidays!
- The rest of us live in Spokane: Jesse & Allison Sonneland (with Eleanor, Josiah, Peter, Jocelyn, & Evie) continue to run their ever-expanding lawn care and landscaping business, lead the young adult ministry at church, and homeschool their children. Molly is in a relationship with Trebor that she is thrilled about, works two jobs, and is a great youth leader at church. Maggie continues as the youth administrator at church and as an assistant to an event planner, paints for a hobby, and just opened an ETSY shop for her art. James, our baby, graduated from high school and had the life-changing experience of spending 2 ½ months at Rolland and Heidi Baker’s discipleship school in Mozambique this fall.
- We’re so thankful for the past 26 years of God’s faithfulness to us since we started Lifeline Ministries. Jim continues to travel extensively in the U.S. and the world (this year to South Africa, Slovakia, & Ukraine), grateful for continued opened doors and favor. He’s once again taken up bow hunting as a needed hobby and outlet and frequently hits the archery practice range when he is home. He even got a deer this year! Lisa (me!) is in a multi-year journey of transitioning from a full nest to an increasingly more-empty nest. I administrate for our ministry and started a twice-monthly motherhood blog (lisaandersonnotjustamom.com) to give vision and encouragement to the next generation of mothers and homemakers. (The funny thing is that God chose to put this message on my life when it was the farthest thing from my natural leanings!) As bedrooms become empty, young adults are moving in to join us. We currently have a young man and woman from our church living with us. We love having children still at home (plus our additions) since it keeps us connected on a daily basis with the next generation.
Many blessings to you in 2017! Jim & Lisa and the family
PS: Pictured above is the Anderson clan: (L to R) Top pic: Rachel Anderson; The Sonnelands: Jesse & Allison + Jocelyn (held by Rachel), Peter, Josiah, Eleanor, baby Evie in utero; Jim & Lisa; Maggie; The Watsons: Lee & Julie + Margot; James; Molly. Bottom pic: The Engelhardts: David & Bethany + Goldie, Leon, Soli; The Andersons: Luke & Lauren